Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
[REQ] Welcome to the NHK  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Requests -> Filled Requests
chester
User
Post 2007-10-01 22:26 [Quote] 
R1 DVD released: Oct. 2

I've read the entire manga and it was a blast. So I decided I would throw out a request since it seems like a gem for the people who have seen it.

The first link has a short review of the first DVD at the top of the page:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/shelf-life/2007-10-01

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4121

"Welcome to the N.H.K." is based on a novel by Takimoto Tatsuhiko, turned into a manga with illustration by Ooiwa Kenji.

Satou-kun, a socially withdrawn loner, barricades himself in his apartment, subsiting on a meagre allowance sent by his parents, only venturing to the outside world to buy food under cover of darkness. One day, afraid he might miss the utility person, he opens the door to find a cute, mysterious girl, accompanying an elderly religious solicitor.

Through what seems to be a chain of coincidences, the girl, Misaki-chan, enters the life of Satou-kun, and promises him that she will cure him of his anti-social condition, provided that he follows the rules that she sets out for him.

What follows is a story that takes Satou-kun from a desperate attempt at creating a galge computer game, to unwittingly joining a suicide cult, to participating in a pyramid scheme, to immersing himself in a MMORPG, along the way touching upon everything between hikikomori and otaku culture, existentialism, solipsism, theology, suicide, sacrifice and love.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Faite
Mega user
canada.gif
Post 2007-10-02 04:54 [Quote] 
I was going to put this up, so yeah, seconded for sure.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Saoen
Post 2007-10-03 07:42 [Quote] 
If I come across the DVD I will encode it, otherwise someone else may pick it up.

But there should be a good chance either way of seeing this sometime in the future.

blsinner
Post 2007-10-06 00:20 [Quote] 
Having seen the first episode dubbed from ADV's preview a while back, I can surely say the sub version will not sound good to me because I saw the dub first and it was fantastic. I strongly second this series, although there is a big chance some other group will do it as well, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Neostar
Post 2007-11-25 14:35 [Quote] 
Saoen you can get the dvd from a certain torrent site Ninja

Faite
Mega user
canada.gif
Post 2007-11-25 19:29 [Quote] 
releasing NHK ni Youkoso! would make a lovely christmas present.

[Profile]  [PM] 
Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-02-25 00:05 [Quote] 
request filled
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Requests -> Filled Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: