Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Small Problem With mIRC  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support
Rico88
Post 2008-05-13 13:29 [Quote] 
Hello. I'm new to the fourms. Let me start by thanking you all for the great work you do. I have been running into a problem with mIRC. When I try and dl a file it keeps telling me it failed because it was unable to connect. Here is an example of what I am seeing

DCC Get of Arigatou.Coyote.Ragtime.Show.Ep06.[x264.AAC][6CC6E6B8].mkv from [Arigatou]MrRoboto incomplete (unable to connect)

Any suggestions?

Saoen
Post 2008-05-13 15:57 [Quote] 
Is your IRC client set to accept DCC sends?

You have to do into the DCC options and turn off DCC ignore, etc.

Rico88
Post 2008-05-13 16:08 [Quote] 
Yes it is set to accept DCC sends. I think I have it set up to accept everything and ignore is disabled.

adzman
Mega user
usa.gif
Post 2008-05-13 18:14 [Quote] 
http://www.kasshin.net/leech_guide.swf

If you follow this guide and you still can't download, you may have to set your router/gateway to forward some ports.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Rico88
Post 2008-05-13 18:25 [Quote] 
I used that guide to set up mIRC when I first got it. The ports may be the problem but I dont think I can forward any because there are 4 other computers using the same router. None of them have static IPs and I can't mess with the other ones because they are not mine Unsure

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-05-13 18:49 [Quote] 
If you can change the ports you need to make sure these ports are open. They are all TCP ports

59, 1024-1030

then in mirc go to

Tools -> Options under Connect click the [+] go to options then click the "Advanced" button

in the port range set 1025 and 1029

The reason you set it that way is to force Mirc to use those ports. Port 59 is used to start recieving the file. Then Mirc will switch to those ports. Close completly out of mirc and open it again once you make the change
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Rico88
Post 2008-05-13 19:47 [Quote] 
Thanks Kaugustino. forcing mIRC to use those ports worked and it is now working fine. Also thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-05-13 20:35 [Quote] 
No problem, glad we could help.

Thread closed.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: