Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
How come it's 5.1 although it's really not?  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support
kingbejita
Post 2008-06-22 03:19 [Quote] 
Last night I browsed animeondvd and I found out that xxxholic, nhk (maybe some other titles) is not a 5.1, did you just add them to the other 3 channels?

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-06-22 12:25 [Quote] 
No, The DVDs that we use are directly from the company's that produce each series. animeondvd isnt always correct. Plus they may have used another source of the dvd. R2 for example doesnt have a english track. R1 the source we usualy use does. But it all depends on the company producing it.

Also you cant just change a 2 channel audio track to 5.1. its just not possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_codes
 [Profile]  [PM] 
adzman
Mega user
usa.gif
Post 2008-06-22 15:07 [Quote] 
I found all the xxxHolic DVD's that are out on AnimeonDVD and all but Vol. 3 said that it has a 5.1 audio track in the features section. BUT in the review section it does mention it. It's almost the same with NHK except with vol. 4 and 5. I also saw that on Vol. 3 of NHK they said that it was 5.1 JAPANESE audio instead of english.

And I think you can trust a us more so than them.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
kingbejita
Post 2008-06-22 23:52 [Quote] 
Ok thanks for clearing things up. so this "commercial" review site is not accurate at all. So ADV keeps on doing 5.1 even it's only a comedy anime(NHK) since Azumanga.

Kaugustino: it could be done but it'll take some and it's a fake 5.1 only splitted to 5chs.
my bots are down right now...like crissey and the rest Smile I hope I can fix them right away.

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-06-23 14:38 [Quote] 
From my experiance and i should have explained it in better, but yes its possble to make a "fake" 5.1 audio track. Though i dont know why anyone would. Its a complete waste of time/effort doing it.

Im glad we could help explain it. And to anyone else, dont trust just one website, use others like anidb or even look directly at websites that sell dvds (maybe buy some to :p ) like amazon or discountanimedvd. Between those sites and others it should give you a good idea what each series uses.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: