Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Death note subtitles missing?  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support
ayesaid
Post 2010-04-17 09:46 [Quote] 
Episode 1-25,28 are fine. But the rest don't have subtitles. I was wondering if Arigotou had the separate subtitle files anywhere? Or if re-downloading would make a difference? (if it's an old problem that was fixed?)

Thank you!

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2010-04-17 12:26 [Quote] 
All the episodes have subtitles. None of the episodes are missing them. Could be a few reasons why. But to better help you i need some info.

1. Which player were you using to watch these (windows media player, vlc, zoom, mpc?)
2. Do you use klite or cccp codec pack
3. Have you checked the CRCs on the files to make sure there valid (rapidcrc or others)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ayesaid
Post 2010-04-18 15:11 [Quote] 
I was using mpcStar, but tried Windows Media Player and Windows Media Player Classic when the subtitles weren't playing.

I use cccp codec pack.

I downloaded and used rapidcrc and scanned 26-37. They are okay.

In mpc the subs load automatically regardless which language is on (english, that I switch to jap every time)

In media player classic if I right click the 'subtitles' option is greyed out. And Audio is only English.

In Media Player I right click and go to 'lyrics, captions, and subtitles' and have selected 'on, if available'. No subs appear.

Thanks again for helping me!

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2010-04-18 15:49 [Quote] 
With CCCP the audio/subs track you usually can't control within mpc, you have to be either halli or a green arrow. that will show up on your taskbar. Were the clock and stuff are. Windows media player usually will not play anything of ours. So i would'nt bother trying.

Make sure vobsub is installed. I forget if it is with CCCP. i would also try vlc player. if everything works then its a settings issue.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ayesaid
Post 2010-04-20 10:26 [Quote] 
Halli or green arrow weren't in the taskbar.

I installed vobsub, but still no subtitles.

I installed VLC.

No matter which player I use when I go to select subtitles it says : Titles & Signs [English].

However, with the VLC it had the added option of : Audio [Japanese] (written in Japanese characters)- which when selected DOES show subtitles. The words have a green pixilated shadow that aren't on the earlier episodes and which I assume are a side-effect of whatever was causing the subs not to show in other players. In VLC if I go back to previous eps it says : Audio [English] - and the green pixels aren't behind the words.

THANK YOU for your help and the subs.

Very appreciated.

~ayesaid

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2010-04-20 12:26 [Quote] 
Try changing this in MPC
View - Options go to Internal filters - audio switcher. click on enable built in audio switcher filter.

hit ok, re-open mpc. see if the green arrow shows up.

See if you can reset CCCP to its default settings. its in the options somewere.
Try using zoomplayer.

If you want to continue using VLC then you dont need to do the following. If so. Then i would uninstall CCCP/VOBSUB and ffdshow (if its installed on its own) reboot and run cccp insurgent. to make sure you have no other codec packs installed. Then reinstall CCCP, without ffdshow and install that after cccp ( http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffdshow )
 [Profile]  [PM] 
ayesaid
Post 2010-04-20 14:19 [Quote] 
! Much better, the subs are working in the MPCstar player now with no difficulties. I much prefer it this way. Thanks for the extra effort!

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2010-04-20 14:55 [Quote] 
No problem, topic is closed
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: