Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
[REQ] Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu (Hare+Guu)  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Requests -> Filled Requests
Faite
Mega user
canada.gif
Post 2007-04-16 13:02 [Quote] 
Title: Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu (228)
EnglishTitle: Hare+Guu
Short: Guu, guu tv
Genre: Adventure, Comedy
Type: TV Series, 26 episodes
Running time: 23 minutes
Year : 03.04.2001 till 25.09.2001
Producers: Kindaichi Renjurou, Shin-Ei Douga, Sotsu Agency, TV Tokyo, TV Tokyo Music
Sequel: Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu Deluxe
Rating: 8.54 (885 votes)

This is an anime that really needs to be picked up. All 7volumes of the DVD's are out and nobody has completed it yet. Only up to episode 7 (1st 2 DVDs) =(
AniDB page
ANN page

This show is funny, not just mild chuckle funny, it will make you roar. It's a sick, twisted and dark comedy.
Similar to Azumanga Daioh, FLCL and Abenobashi, it's one of the best shows I have seen in a long time, anime or other.

Description (taken from AnimeNFO):
Here is a village in a peaceful jungle. The blazing sun and tropical trees. The people build a village around the elder. Food depends on hunting. The festival of every month. There is an animal outside of the village. A child's snack is freshly-picked banana. Really the living which seems to be the jungle. However, there are actually a television and a game, too and children live like the today's kids.

The boy called Hale lived here. One day, his mother brought one pretty girl from the town. Her name is Goo. Hale wanted to make friends with her. But, next morning, the face of Goo had changed. And the character changed into the extremely unfriendly one, too. Furthermore, she swallows the banana, swallows the small bird, swallows human, and swallows everything. And, somehow swallowed people live in her body !? Who is Goo on earth?

Hale is always led a dance by the paranormal phenomena which Goo causes. This is the surrealism gag anime with the big roar of laughter to such an unfortunate boy!

Anyhow, I request that Arigatou picks this series up for great justice. =)
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Kagurazaka
Post 2007-05-15 20:18 [Quote] 
Yeah, this is a good series (I watch it on Funimation). It's really funny and has an original story line.

horsethief
Post 2007-06-12 17:15 [Quote] 
wholeheartedly agree. i caught the first 3 eps, my whole damned dorm was in an uproar. it was a nightmare trying to grab the eps from kyozoku though. nothin like xdcc bots that keep gettin timed out to make yer day ;p

please consider picking this fantastic series up arigatou! it is definitely deserving of some recognition.

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2007-07-16 18:17 [Quote] 
We decided to pickup this series, the first 4 episodes have been released
 [Profile]  [PM] 
unknown
???
usa.gif
Post 2007-09-01 16:25 [Quote] 
req filled closed
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Requests -> Filled Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: