Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
iPhone 4 - Playback (OPlayer)  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support
iced00d
User
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-26 07:21 [Quote] 
Good morning. I'm new to Arigatou and I must say, luving it!!! Glad to find a group like this. I have a tech/playback question. While at the gym I use my iPhone 4 to watch some anime series. Almost all of the anime's I watch have a 1-3s delay between the voice and video. I'm currently using OPlayer with these settings - Cache Size - 2mb / Multiple Threads - Off, Skip Loop Filter - On / Skip Frame - Off / Aspect Ratio - Default / TV Out - Off / Start from Begining - Off. Any suggestions on settings or other iPhone software that works? I'd like to have both audio and video in sync..... Thanks in advance...
 [Profile]  [PM] 
An IP BreAKDoWN
Staff
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-26 09:47 [Quote] 
What method do you use to put them on your iPhone? Do you convert the mkv to mp4, mux, explain the process you use.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
iced00d
User
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-26 10:11 [Quote] 
I use a program called iFunBox on my computer here and since the files are .mkv already I just move them to OPlayer's documents directory. From there I can access the files on my iPhone. I don't convert any of the files since they seem to run using OPlayer. Unless its better to convert them ?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oplayer/id344784375?mt=8
 [Profile]  [PM] 
An IP BreAKDoWN
Staff
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-26 11:15 [Quote] 
Hmm. Sounds like its OPlayer, try increasing the cache and turning on multiple threads. I would usually go onto OLIMSOFT (that's who wrote the app) forum and post there but it seems that they got hijacked by bots. Probably the quickest solution is to get a new video playback app. Although I thought I would never find myself saying this, but you might wanna try the VLC app. Although I hate VLC, you are limited, and who knows it might be better on the iPhone than on PCs.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
iced00d
User
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-26 12:23 [Quote] 
Thanks much for the info. Back a few months ago I scanned their forums and those where the settings they suggested. Unfort they don't seem to work well. Time for another app. And as for VLC, yeah not too fond of the playback quality either. It's almost like you need a X6 in your iPhone to run it Smile .. Tks for the info ..
 [Profile]  [PM] 
An IP BreAKDoWN
Staff
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-26 20:57 [Quote] 
No problem. Just a little fyi, muxing into a mp4 might give you better playback. It's tedious though. Also you can set the audio a second earlier too that way.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
adzman
Mega user
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-27 06:14 [Quote] 
OPlayer might not support variable frame rates. Is the end more out of sync then the beginning?

Also, iPhone sucks.

User
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-27 08:41 [Quote] 
LOL tks AD for your opinion Razz ... Not really I've noticed that 1/2 way through the clip it goes out of sync but eventually catches up and then goes back out again ... oh and since the iPhone 'sucks' whats a good portable player to use then??
 [Profile]  [PM] 
adzman
Mega user
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-29 21:19 [Quote] 
Any Android phone.

Staff
usa.gif
Post 2011-10-29 22:47 [Quote] 
adzman wrote:
Any Android phone.

+1
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2011-10-30 12:23 [Quote] 
I have a iphone 3g and 4. I have to agree. getting any kind of video out of apples mp4 spec is very annoying. program like super on windows has a iphone setting. likely it could convert it. but you will end up with 1 audio track, and subs if your lucky. but chances are you probably wont. There are ways to hard code it in to the video. but that will drop the quality.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: