Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Converting DVD's to Dual Audio MKV Files??  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support
mavrik5150
Post 2007-11-12 12:33 [Quote] 
Hey everyone, I've been on the IRC Channel everyone now and then to get dual audio mkv files for series I either missed out on or just can't find anymore and I just wanted to know what program you guys use to convert DVD's into Dual Audio MKV files. I was in the process of moving and I found a box of all my old Anime series and Movies and wanted to convert them into MKV files so I can just keep them backed up on my computer incase I loose them again.

I just downloaded the AutoMKV program and was getting ready to use it but I just wanted to know from people that do it often enough whether that was a good program to use or if there is a different method that I need to do inorder to make the conversion. Thanks.

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2007-11-12 16:39 [Quote] 
Automkv would probably be the best to use. There are sites such as www.doom9.org and www.videohelp.com that have guides and much more info on the different ways to do it. For us we use alot of programs to do the the work but something easy for backup might be easyer.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
mavrik5150
Post 2007-11-12 19:59 [Quote] 
Cool thanks for the tip. Are the programs you use more confusing or harder to use because I was thinking about uploading the series once I convert them to an IRC bot and this way other people can download them if they want them as well and I just wanted to be able to make each chapter a separate MKV file with subs and dual audio. I'm going to launch AutoMKV tonight when I get home from work and start messing around with it. Thanks again for the two links.

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2007-11-12 20:44 [Quote] 
the programs we use do involve some work and alot of learning to really use. it all depends what you want to do. but both sites are a good place to start. the tools we use are all free ones to
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Saoen
Post 2007-11-12 22:48 [Quote] 
The process some of us use require alot of experience (Such as the process I use) but as Kaugustino said I would reccomend using something simple.

yusuke18san
Post 2008-07-16 13:30 [Quote] 
I don't wanna make a new thread, seems as this thread sort of started what I wanted to say. But to follow up, how do you guys convert each episode in a DVD separately...? I tried using AutoMKV but all it does is converted all the episodes into one large file...any tips is well appreciate.

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-07-16 18:40 [Quote] 
We rip each episode from the DVD to start with, in to seperate folders per episode. Ripping by chapter is the easyest to do. Then you can use AutoMKV or any other program per episode. I think the option may be in automkv, or you need to use a seperate dvd ripper first
 [Profile]  [PM] 
yusuke18san
Post 2008-07-18 16:13 [Quote] 
Yeah, seems as that is the best option for me.....well, thanks for replying.

Sickological
Post 2009-05-23 01:47 [Quote] 
DVD TO MKV PROGRAMS:
DVD Decrypter [How?] - To rip the Video Object(s) (VOB) from the DVD.

MeGUI [How?] - To rip the image-based subtitles from the Video Object(s) (VOB) to a IDX and SUB format files.
AND/OR
SubRip - To interpret the image-based subtitle file(s) to a text-based format (SRT/SSA). Either way, if you don't want them in a bigger image-based format, you will have to convert them to a text-based format. (Download program and read its help documentation to find out how to use it)

MeGUI [How?] - To convert the Video Object(s) (VOB) to H264/XviD in MP4/AVI/MKV (Video, no audio) formats. And to convert the Dolby Digital Audio (AC3) to AAC/MP3/AC3/MP2/Vorbis in AAC/MP4/M4A/MP3/MP2/AC3/OGG formats.

MKVMergeGUI using MKVToolnix [How?] OR MeGUI using MKVToolnix [How?] - To mux the video, audio and subtitle streams into one MKV format file. (RECOMMENDED: MKVMergeGUI; WHY: You can add more than 2 audio and subtitle streams into one MKV file.)

AND DON'T FORGET:
MKVExtract using MKVToolnix [How?] - To extract the "raw" video, audio and subtitles streams that have been muxed into an MKV file.

These are just the programs I use, there could be a lot more/better ones out there...

adzman
Mega user
usa.gif
Post 2009-05-23 10:10 [Quote] 
MakeMKV is a newcomer to the party. But i don't think it uses any sort of compression, which means the files will be quite large.

Sickological wrote:

SubRip - To interpret the image-based subtitle file(s) to a text-based format (SRT/SSA). Either way, if you don't want them in a bigger image-based format, you will have to convert them to a text-based format. (Download program and read its help documentation to find out how to use it)

VobSub would probably be easier for most people.

Post 2009-05-23 17:24 [Quote] 
adzman wrote:
VobSub would probably be easier for most people.

Well I guess if you don't want to mess with some typos or grammatical translating errors, and just keep it as is, then yes, VobSub would definitely be easier. But converting the image subs into a friendly, editable, text sub format reduces size by about 1.5MB's... Which actually sounds very insignificant now that I think about it. I guess I just find it fun to edit/mess-with the subtitles.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: