Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
Need some help
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support
snap3r
Post 2007-12-15 06:53 [Quote] 
Hello all Smile
My name is Alex and im a new member here.Surfing through the net ive discovered your adress and i like an anime series that you guys are encoding (School Rumble) Smile ,i apreciate the hard work you guys put into this but i have a problem , my download speed from irc is only 20kb-30kb so it will take a while until i download my favourite series Sad
Can pls anyone that has downloaded the episodes to upload them on bittorrent ( mininova or something ) and put the torrent here Smile

Thanks for reading
Best regards

adzman
Mega user
usa.gif
Post 2007-12-15 14:30 [Quote] 
We do no support torrents of our encodes. It brings too much unwanted attention our way (not just from nubs who don't know or wish to learn how to use IRC). Any posting of such torrents will be deleted as soon as we see it. Punishment may occur further than that, but severity will probably be based on a case to case basis. We are truly sorry that we cannot offer you kick-ass speed, but we can't fix the crappy routing between countries. Your best bet would to look on some of the foreign Fservs that are sitting in our channel (I'm sure there was at least one). Just @find what you want and ignore what my script sends you.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Saoen
Post 2007-12-15 17:20 [Quote] 
Yep just as adzman says we cannot and will not support torrents due to the main fact that it brings unwanted attention to us. But I do hope you are able to get the series eventually.

snap3r
Post 2007-12-15 20:35 [Quote] 
ok thanks all for responding but the truth is that its not only the speed that is slow but i keep getting lost conection and it drives me nuts Sad i think my mirlc its not configured right or maibe its just my conection but a torrent would be realy great Smile
anyway sad to hear that you guys dont allow bittorrent and if you guys know some secret configuration about mirc or another way to get the releases pls let me know Smile

Saoen
Post 2007-12-15 21:02 [Quote] 
All we can suggest is that you try getting it off a fserv thats closer to your location.

Last edited by Saoen on 2007-12-15 21:21; edited 1 time in total

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2007-12-15 21:20 [Quote] 
Theres really no secret configuration for mirc but theres a lot of things you can try

1. If you have a router or firewall configure your ports. Standard ports for recieving files are
59 (for fserves allows you to open the dcc chat window)
113 (ident port)
1024-1030 ( dcc slots for recieving files)

2. Distance from the person you are downloading from can effect your speed alot. Usualy at night or early mornings are best ( less people overall using there internet)

Thats about all I can think of, if anyone has any other ideas please post.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Saoen
Post 2007-12-15 21:27 [Quote] 
Just for reference, please post help questions in the help and support section of the forums

Post 2007-12-15 21:27
Topic has been moved from forum Anime to forum Help and Support

Saoen
snap3r
Post 2007-12-17 04:52 [Quote] 
have another problem now Sad
for some reason after i request a episode it stops after 1 minute of downloading
Did someone had the same problem ?? If so pls tell me what to do Smile

Saoen
Post 2007-12-17 13:19 [Quote] 
It will do that if your connection times out between you and the one sending it.

As for how to fix it I am not sure how you can except finding an Fserv closer to your location. But you should keep trying to get it and eventually it should work for you since the bots do have the resume ability.

snap3r
Post 2007-12-17 20:22 [Quote] 
To tell you the truth im a noob at mirc, i mean i only know how to join a chanel and ask for a pack,i dont know whats an fserv Sad sorry
Anyway after alot of praying it seems that after 4 am i get full speed and no intreruptions Smile
but i want to know whats an fserv to and how do i use it Smile
Cheers

adzman
Mega user
usa.gif
Post 2007-12-17 20:29 [Quote] 
Fserve is short for fileserver. Here's a helpful link:
http://www.kasshin.net/Leeching_For_Noobz_old.html#What%20is%20a%20File%20Server
 [Profile]  [PM] 
snap3r
Post 2007-12-17 20:49 [Quote] 
adzman wrote:
Fserve is short for fileserver. Here's a helpful link:
http://www.kasshin.net/Leeching_For_Noobz_old.html#What%20is%20a%20File%20Server

thanks alot Smile its realy helpfull Smile

dragon132004
Post 2008-05-01 23:16 [Quote] 
Hi guys ..I was wondering about the release of the anime Pumpkin Scissors for Arigatou ... why did you guys change the video resolution of the release from 848x480 to 720x480 ... I mean first releases of this series were terrific ..so I was hoping if anyone from the channal explain this to me please...because Finally ...A good release of this series...Ive long waited for a DVD release for this series with dual audio and Arigatou group are the only one that now release it

adzman
Mega user
usa.gif
Post 2008-05-02 03:56 [Quote] 
I don't think that I did. I keep pretty much everything from when I encode and the files all say it's still 848x480. What programs are you using to see what the resolution is?

Also if the actual aspect ratio is 4:3, your player might be forcing it to look like that.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: