Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
a simple question  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support
Shaboygen
Post 2008-03-09 18:19 [Quote] 
yo i just joined and what not Very Happy good job you guys and keep it up i just had a little question about your The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya project. I understand you want to inform who encoded what and where it was from that is totaly cool. Im just wondering (my ocd kicking in) why the display of this information appear in the beginning of each episode in the corner. it kinda bugs me just wondering if that could be changed or improved. just a thought thanks Very Happy keep it up

Saoen
Post 2008-03-10 00:57 [Quote] 
We put it there simply to tell people who did it and where it came from. So if you find this encode somewhere else they know where to look for it.

Thats all there is too it. You are not the only one to ask this question for I have asked it before.

For future reference though I have been tweeking the tag so its less noticeable, if you see some more recent encodes from myself you will notice that its a bit smaller then some of the others.

adzman
Mega user
usa.gif
Post 2008-03-10 05:06 [Quote] 
You should see some of the other groups. a4e reminds you at least 7 times an episode.

It also helps prevent people from stealing our encodes, burning them to a dvd, and selling them on ebay.

Such a minor distraction and it does so much good. I don't see any reason to change it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Kal-el
Post 2008-03-10 10:07 [Quote] 
Where else would you want it displayed? Smack dab in the center?

It's in the corner because it's the place it'll be the least distracting. Putting it on any of the bottom corners and it would mess with the subtitles.

I suppose they could put in in the top right corner, but I don't see what the difference that would make.

Shaboygen
Post 2008-03-10 13:56 [Quote] 
I understand what all of your are saying but i personally am just annoyed when something flashes during an episode in any corner. Im not saying it should be dab center in the middle. I personally would have like a seperate shot alotgether thats not part of the episode like an intro or credit or have it appear during part of the credits or something. i understand its to tell the audience who did what and so forth i get that. being an artist i know what its like to have stuff stolen from you

Kal-el
Post 2008-03-10 14:14 [Quote] 
Shaboygen wrote:
I understand what all of your are saying but i personally am just annoyed when something flashes during an episode in any corner. Im not saying it should be dab center in the middle. I personally would have like a seperate shot alotgether thats not part of the episode like an intro or credit or have it appear during part of the credits or something. i understand its to tell the audience who did what and so forth i get that. being an artist i know what its like to have stuff stolen from you

Arigatou only have that flash at the beginning of the episode and it's only a couple seconds.

If it annoys you so much, then why not BUY the anime instead. Then nothing will flash.

Shaboygen wrote:
I personally would have like a seperate shot alotgether thats not part of the episode like an intro or credit or have it appear during part of the credits or something.

And what's from stopping people from removing that intro and then claiming the otherwise completely intact encode as their own work?

No offense, but for someone with OCD you've got horrible grammar.

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-03-10 15:53 [Quote] 
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the question. As my other staff members have said. (Saoen and adzman) the information only lasts for a few seconds and it’s only at the start of the episode. Which compared to others is much less (as there’s some that run through out the whole episode). Some of the encoders have changed the size or adjusted were its placed. We won’t be removing the tag info from any of the encodes we do, as its necessary to have some sort of information included with it that can not be easily removed. It’s only there for a few seconds it’s not that bad. I would suggest buying the DVDs if you want a version that doesn’t have it.

Kaugustino
Founder of #Arigatou
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Shaboygen
Post 2008-03-10 19:26 [Quote] 
To the staff memeber. thanks for the responses and understanding. Just voicing my opinion so thanks Very Happy

Kal-el wrote:
Shaboygen wrote:

Arigatou only have that flash at the beginning of the episode and it's only a couple seconds.

If it annoys you so much, then why not BUY the anime instead. Then nothing will flash.

Shaboygen wrote:
I personally would have like a seperate shot alotgether thats not part of the episode like an intro or credit or have it appear during part of the credits or something.

And what's from stopping people from removing that intro and then claiming the otherwise completely intact encode as their own work?

No offense, but for someone with OCD you've got horrible grammar.

Kal-el, my point was that you could try making your own personal credits where you state who encoded what and so on or have the info appear during the anime credits if your that paranoid that someone might steal the work. Thats cool and understandable but I was just making a simple question/suggestion. I personally dont care if you think my grammar is bad or not but if you're going to post a response that someone could take offensive then you shouldnt have posted it in the first place.

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-03-10 19:35 [Quote] 
Topic is closed.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: