[REQ] Earth Girl Arjuna  
ColdFeetBob
Post 2008-03-23 10:46 [Quote] 
Title: Earth Girl Arjuna, a.k.a. Chikyu Shoujo Arjuna
Genre: Action/Drama
Company: Satelight
Format: 13 episodes
Dates: 01/09/2001 to 03/27/2001
R1 DVD are from Bandai: a 4 disc box set was released in 2004 (widescreen 1.85:1, eng/jap audio - eng sub; 325 min. )

From Wikipedia:

"Earth Maiden Arjuna (地球少女アルジュナ, Chikyū Shōjo Arjuna), also known as "Earth Girl Arjuna" or just "Arjuna", is a thirteen episode anime series created by Shoji Kawamori that was originally aired by TV Tokyo between January 9, 2001 and March 27, 2001. The series was also later completely broadcast by the anime satellite television network Animax.
Arjuna is set in Kobe, Japan, where the protagonist, Juna, is attending high school. The story opens on her telling her boyfriend, Tokio, she feels too cramped in the city, and deciding to take a trip to the Sea of Japan. On the drive, they get in an accident, and Juna dies.
As her spirit leaves her body, Juna sees the Earth suffering, visualized by worm-like creatures, the Raaja, entwining the planet. A young boy, Chris, appears to her, and offers to save her life if she will help the planet. She agrees, and is resurrected."

AniDB link: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=107

This is a really strange anime, for me at least: the first time I watched an episode was on the German channel SAT 1 - and I wasn't impressed at all.
Then I found an AMV with footage from this series (the song was Coldplay's "Everything's not lost") and I got hooked...
The version I have is from ZX - sure it is good but it was made back in 2003 and I'm sure a "remake" in h264 with multichannel audio (if the source has it, I mean) will be wonderful.

Last edited by ColdFeetBob on 2008-03-24 03:52; edited 2 times in total

Saoen
Post 2008-03-23 19:39 [Quote] 
Dunno bout this show, looks odd.

And next time please read the Request rules a little more carefully Very Happy

ColdFeetBob
Post 2008-03-24 00:37 [Quote] 
Saoen wrote:
Dunno bout this show, looks odd.

Very, very odd. No doubt.
Saoen wrote:
And next time please read the Request rules a little more carefully Very Happy

I obviously need new glasses...
Should be fixed now, sorry Smile

Saoen
Post 2008-03-24 22:35 [Quote] 
Not a problem

Zalis
Post 2008-04-01 19:55 [Quote] 
Quote:
I'm sure a "remake" in h264 with multichannel audio (if the source has it, I mean) will be wonderful.
I checked the audio tracks on the DVD, and it has:

1--English 5.1
2--English 2.0
3--Japanese 5.1
4--Japanese 2.0
5--Instrumental Score Only

I never saw zx's release, but Arjuna could really use a modern encode. It could especially use an imagesub rip of the sort that Arigatou does. Or at least a release with both subtitle tracks intact; zx's only has one subtitle track and likely leaves out the "songs/signs only" track, which sucks for English audio watchers because you have to either have the full subtitles on all the time or miss out on song translations and onscreen text, the latter of which Arjuna has plenty.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: