Home
Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
mIRC kills my computer  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support
NFM
Post 2008-06-28 12:04 [Quote] 
It seems that a few minutes after I start a download, my computer gives me the blue screen.
Any reason for that?

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-06-28 16:31 [Quote] 
Theres no real answer for this type of question. But i know its not caused by us directly and is probably your client. I would reinstall it to start with. If you still have issues then you have a bigger issue. Ill leave this post open and see what the other users think it may be, as ive only had this happen once before. Reinstalling mirc fixed it.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
NFM
Post 2008-06-28 20:24 [Quote] 
I tried downloading from a different source and it works fine,
then I try here again and I get killed again

Saoen
Post 2008-06-28 20:39 [Quote] 
This is pretty odd. Are you only crashing when you download from [Arigatou] Bots?

Are you using Linux? Mac? Windows?

How much memory is in your PC?

Give me as much info as you can and Ill try to see what the problem is, if you want you can send me a PM.

NFM
Post 2008-06-28 22:19 [Quote] 
Win XP (Why does that look so noobish)
Right now, I'm downloading from #***_****, everything is not blue, nor euro-pop.
55.8 GB max
5.55 GB current
It almost never has problems, even though it is 7 years old
It is horribly fragmented.
I tried system restore and then re installing mIRC, no change

Kal-el
Post 2008-06-28 22:49 [Quote] 
Are you trying to resume the download or starting from scratch each time?

If your resuming, maybe the problem is 'cause part of the file being written on a damaged area and when you go to read the part/write the rest of the it causes an error. Try deleting the part you managed to download and/or selecting another area to save the file.

Also a defrag and scandisk (check both boxes) wouldn't hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if a 7 year old HDD was starting to fail. I'd suggest starting to shop around for a replacement before it does fail and you lose anything important that was on it.

One last thing. If possible recreate the error, then take down the information you get on the blue screen (if your computer doesn't automatically restart). The important information is the text at the top. usually all in caps. Looks something like "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and the bunch of numbers at the bottom (ex: 0x000000). That will help determine what the problem is.

Last edited by Kal-el on 2008-06-28 22:51; edited 1 time in total

Saoen
Post 2008-06-28 22:51 [Quote] 
It could be a number of things.

You might not have enough memory to handle mIRC, but why it works in one channel and not another is beyond me.

Id consider looking into some programs to clean out your registry. Sometimes when you have a cluttered registry it tends to crash more often. Or if your using a Hacked version of Windows that could be another reason for your BSOD's.

And if all else fails, reinstall windows.

As the post above me says it could be a failing hard drive. But from what you have told me. It sounds like a Registry error or possibly bad memory.

NFM
Post 2008-06-29 23:02 [Quote] 
Okay, after downloading genshiken and BSC from other places, I went back to downloading from you guys (NHK #6)
7 minutes later... Dead

Stop 0x00000001 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF7AFAE32)

I tried using my 1 year old laptop (I have three computers, this one being to oldest) and now it is crippled.

Now I'm going to try downloading something else (how about Chibi vampire, my friend likes that manga) With 10 GB and a fragmented hard drive

Last edited by NFM on 2008-06-30 02:49; edited 1 time in total

NFM
Post 2008-06-30 02:32 [Quote] 
Back, died, trying different bot, Love hare+guu.

also Spybot S+D says KernelFaultCheck added %systemroot%/system32/dumprep 0 -k
my windows is the 4Real deal SP2 and everything

Edit (no triple posts for me): Yeah, died again: 7 minutes in. But I still love Hare+Guu
More Enigmatic Code!
WG311v3XP.sys - Address F7B35E32 base at F7B35000 DateStamp 430978ed

Edit, again: tried defragging my computer twice more, no change

Edit, more: Tried cleaning my registry, now it just crashes faster.

Kaugustino
Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-06-30 18:48 [Quote] 
Oh boy, that error code is not good, i would backup what you need and reformat. There may be a fix one of the other users can recomend. But seeing errors like that means you have some trouble. a bad hardrive could be possible.

I would wait and see what everyone else here thinks. at least then you have more information. With our bot crashing your system is just a random thing.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
Kal-el
Post 2008-07-01 00:54 [Quote] 
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms818748.aspx

Reformating is usually the best and easiest solution to most problems.

NFM
Post 2008-07-02 15:32 [Quote] 
Okay, if it's going to be something drastic like that, I'll just use my media pc, I'll just have to sit far away.

NFM
Post 2008-07-25 21:00 [Quote] 
I'm using my laptop in the other washington, it works.

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Help and Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: