Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit    
[REQ]Gurren Lagann
Goto page:  1, 2  Next  
jeff537665
Post 2008-08-18 23:32 [Quote] 
Gurren Lagann

All info from MAL.
Synopsis
In a far away future, mankind lives underground in huge caves, unknowing of a world above with a sky and stars.

In the small village of Jiha, Simon, a shy boy who works as a digger discovers a strange glowing object during excavation. The enterprising Kamina, a young man with a pair of rakish sunglasses and the the passion of a firey sun, befriends Simon and forms a small band of brothers, the Gurren Brigade, to escape the village and break through the ceiling of the cave to reach the surface, which few believe exist.

The village elder won't hear of such foolishness and punishes the Brigade. However, when disaster strikes from the world above and the entire village is in jeopardy, it's up to Simon, Kamina, a girl with a big gun named Yoko, and the small yet sturdy robot, Lagann, to save the day.

The new friends journey to the world above and find that the surface is a harsh battlefield, and it's up to them to fight back against the rampaging Beastmen to turn the tide in the humans' favor! Pierce the heavens, Gurren Lagann!

Alternative Titles
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann; Making Break-Through Gurren Lagann; Heavenly Breakthrough Gurren Lagann; Gurren Lagann; TTGL

Information
Type: TV
Episodes: 27
Aired: Apr 1, 2007 to Sep 30, 2007
Producers: Gainax, Aniplex, Konami, Bandai Entertainment, Bandai Co., Ltd.
Genres: Sci-Fi, Mecha, Comedy, Action
Duration: 25 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Statistics
Score: 9.011 (scored by 9668 users)(indicates a weighted score)
Ranked: #1(based on MAL`s top anime page.)

Related Anime
Adaptation: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Side story: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann OVA
Alternative version: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann the Movie
Alternative setting: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Parallel Works

DVDs released in North America: 2 (ep. 1-18 ), Vol. 3 (last volume) released Sept. 2

Links
MAL
ANN
AniDB
Wikipedia
Official Site (Japanese)
Official Site (English)

There are currently no fanrips doing this anime i've been wanting to see this series for a while now and am just too lazy to order the DVDs,
but I'm going to a con soon and might pick them up if I see them.

*topic edited as images are not needed, just wastes banadwith

Last edited by jeff537665 on 2008-09-01 20:10; edited 2 times in total

renner
Mega user
Post 2008-08-19 03:16 [Quote] 
looks sicks can't wait
get's my vote
 [Profile]  [PM] 
gr33n
Post 2008-08-23 12:22 [Quote] 
Heard of it, they say it's awesome. I would like to check it out too.

jeff537665
Post 2008-08-26 01:21 [Quote] 
So I got vol.1 &2 Gurren Lagann at the convention I was at, and now I know why nobody else has done this series yet, apparently since Gurren Lagann is so popular Bandai decided to release three subtitled-only dual-disk volumes, with their English dubbed version to follow in early 2009. It really made me mad when I put in the first disk, watched the intro then the show came on and there was Japanese, I grabbed my remote and pressed the audio button, and it wouldn't change from japanese, that's when i really got mad, especially since i only watch dubbed and I blew $60 on the 2 volumes when I could have spent that money on some thing else! and since I got them at a con I can't really return them.

Kal-el
Post 2008-08-26 12:59 [Quote] 
jeff537665 wrote:
So I got vol.1 &2 Gurren Lagann at the convention I was at, and now I know why nobody else has done this series yet, apparently since Gurren Lagann is so popular Bandai decided to release three subtitled-only dual-disk volumes, with their English dubbed version to follow in early 2009. It really made me mad when I put in the first disk, watched the intro then the show came on and there was Japanese, I grabbed my remote and pressed the audio button, and it wouldn't change from japanese, that's when i really got mad, especially since i only watch dubbed and I blew $60 on the 2 volumes when I could have spent that money on some thing else! and since I got them at a con I can't really return them.

And of course the guy didn't warn you about it. lol

jeff537665
Post 2008-08-26 18:03 [Quote] 
No she didn't.

and there's already a save Atlantis campaign, well I guess the news has been out a while, I don't care as much as long as there's still a stargate series running, but that doesn't mean I want Atlantis to be canceled, I'll still Sign this Petition and support in other ways.

roshiforever
User
Post 2008-09-01 12:14 [Quote] 
Someone already posted a request for this a while back. I think I could be wrong.

Site Admin
canada.gif
Post 2008-09-01 18:23 [Quote] 
two other posts were in use for this series. There now closed and this one is only left open.
 [Profile]  [PM] 
jeff537665
Post 2008-09-01 20:20 [Quote] 
roshiforever wrote:
Someone already posted a request for this a while back.

Yes renner did one a while back but i didn't feel like he supplied enough information and nobody replied.

Zalis
Post 2008-09-02 00:20 [Quote] 
I'm guessing that the ripping groups are holding off on releasing this series until the dual-language discs come out. Why take the time to release sub-only encodes now when they're probably going to do dual-audio re-releases later? And how many people are going to DL Japanese-only DVD-rips when they could just DL the Order/BSS/Anon SomewhatHDTV fansubs if all they're looking to do is watch GL in Japanese? And how would we know that the Giga Drill Breaker is epically over-the-top without Order's karaoke effects telling us so? WTF

roshiforever
User
Post 2008-09-02 06:02 [Quote] 
yeah, I think Bandai is was just trying to get out after the whole Geneon, ADV debacle a few months back, since there was a large out cry, and are we sure they are going to release dual audio, since some series are never released dual, such as Gunbuster? Just a thought.

Post 2008-09-02 13:00 [Quote] 
Quote:
are we sure they are going to release dual audio, since some series are never released dual, such as Gunbuster? Just a thought.

Yes Bandai definitely is dubbing it, at the convention I was at they had some of the Bleach cast (JOHNNY YONG BOSCH, STEPHANIE SHEH, MICHELLE RUFF, VIC MIGNOGNA), who are all part of the cast (excluding Vic, but he was part of the cast when ADV was doing it, but they lost the rights and dropped it) and they talked about it allot in their panel, also Bandai announced at its New York Comic Con 2008 panel that it has licensed it, and at Anime Expo 2008 they announced the cast.

roshiforever
User
Post 2008-09-02 14:59 [Quote] 
Awesome, I won't say it needs, to be dubbed, but if it helps bring it to wider audience and I know they are showing it right now on Sci-Fi channel I believe, but since I don't have cable I could be completely wrong about that.

Post 2008-09-02 17:26 [Quote] 
roshiforever wrote:
they are showing it right now on Sci-Fi channel

I've heard that too, but since I live in Canada I don't get sci-fi ether.

Kal-el
Post 2008-09-02 19:56 [Quote] 
jeff537665 wrote:
roshiforever wrote:
they are showing it right now on Sci-Fi channel

I've heard that too, but since I live in Canada I don't get sci-fi ether.

I live in Canada too, but even if I could get it I'd cancel it. I'd boycott them for canceling Stargate (twice)!

New topic title
Forum for new topic

Page 1 of 2 Goto page:  1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arigatou Anime Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Jump to: